If you are thinking about making a pond for your garden, here you can learn how to do it without any risks taken. For the isolation of the hole that you dog, you can use some PVC foil, but this has many drawbacks because it will become brittle, it is hard to stick it and it is not elastic at all, which will cause the easy breakthrough, allowing the roots of the trees, the insects and the rodents to destroy your pond.
What you need
- A level
- A shovel
- A scroll saw
- An old tire
- Strong, garden foil
- Gravel and pebbles
- Big stones
1. Use a shovel to dig a hole big enough to place your tire inside with a certain amount of sand underneath, but live a bit above the ground (that will make folding the foil easier). Put some sand inside and use a level to make the bottom of the hole perfectly flat. After doing this, place the tire inside.
2. Cut the upper part of the tire around as shown on the picture, so that it was wider.
3. Wrap the tire with the foil. The space around the tire will be heaped up with the gravel/soil.
4. Place all the big stones around tightly to prevent the foil from coming away of the tire.
5. Fill the pond with water, arrange the surrounding the way you like and be happy you have got your own Recycled Tires Pond.